camel-users mailing list archives

From ninadmnaik <>
Subject Ftp connection through SOCKS Proxy.
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:59:18 GMT
In our project, we need to establish FTP connection through a SOCKS proxy.
Since Camel uses Apache Commons Net API underneath for FTP connections, I
tried looking into how Commons Net API supports this. Till last year, the
only way to achieve this was to set Java's System Properties as explained

But according to Java docs
"If socksProxyHost is specified then all TCP sockets will use the SOCKS
proxy server to establish a connection or accept one."

The following patch seems to address this problem by using the Proxy class
in Java 6

Patch to apache commons net:

So is there a way in Camel to achieve this?
The FTP component link: and the book: "Camel In Action" don't
indicate that this feature is available in Camel yet.

Can you please advice on this?