camel-users mailing list archives

From cristisor <cristisor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Exceptions when aggregating messages
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:42:12 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to aggregate a bunch of messages, each containing a String as
body, the In message from each exchange that comes to the aggregator, so
that I can send only one exchange containing the list of strings to the next
route in the end.

If I set the body as a List<org.apache.camel.Message> the send operation
fails with the following:
NotSerializableException: org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultMessage

This is understandable since Message is not serializable, but then I tried
aggregating a list List<MessageBean> where MessageBean implements the
Serializable interface and contains the body(String), the
header(CaseInsensitiveMap) and properties(CaseInsensitiveMap). This time the
exception is different:
NotSerializableException: org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFile

Can someone spot the problem? I could aggregated the complete exchanges and
send them, but isn't the overhead too big?