camel-users mailing list archives

From bbuzzard <>
Subject Howto set up keep-alive on an FTP Consumer
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:47:46 GMT
I've encountered a problem with an FTP Client using passive mode where the
Control Port is being closed by a network device between the host and
client.  Some individuals suggested that I try using active mode and that
seemed to work, but I notice an intermittent problem with files not being
pulled down.  My logs indicated that shortly after connecting to the host
that the connection seemed to stall and nothing happened.  After some more
searching I found this article:
and in the section
Problems caused by the firewall prematurely timing out a valid FTP session"
I found an excellent description of my original problem.  It also included a
solution that sounded reasonable to me in the paragraph beginning with
"Another solution is to enable the TCP/IP Keep Alive".

I'm looking for a way to set up "Keep Alive" on an FTP Consumer.  I found
some information in the Camel MINA explaining how to create the "Keep Alive"
code, but I'm not clear on how to combine the FTP Consumer and MINA
components together to make "Keep Alive" work.  Maybe it's not possible to
combine the two components, but if it is would someone please show me how to
set up keep-alive on an FTP Consumer.