camel-users mailing list archives

From swwyatt <>
Subject JMS route transaction timeout
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:18:28 GMT

I am having an issue with configuring a JMS route with onException. With a
route defined similar to that below, when an exception occurs, the message
is properly sent to myDLQ. But, when there is a transaction timeout due to
the longRunningProcessor taking too long, the message cannot be sent to
myDLQ (due to rollback) and the message is rollback to myQueue and

I can add an additional route under a new transaction in order to commit the
message to myDLQ, but the message still is rolled back and redelivered.

Is the a way to handle the transaction timeout in the same manner as
onException? I just basically want to move the message to myDLQ for any
exception including transaction timeout.

		<camel:from uri="jms:queue:myQueue"></camel:from>
			<camel:to uri="jms:queue:myDLQ"></camel:to>
		<camel:process ref="longRunningProcessor"></camel:process>