camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consume opened excel file with ftp
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:28:17 GMT
Hi

There is a number of readLock options you can try such as rename, changed etc.
See details at: http://camel.apache.org/file2.html

But Christian is right, its usually better to write the file in
another directory and move it when its done, or write the file using a
temporary name, and rename when done etc.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM, axelf <calegan@orange.fr> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm sorry i'm really a newbie with Camel.
>
> I'm using Camel to get file in a FTP server. Here how i'm routing it:
>

> The file is a Excel file. When this file is not opened, the download and the
> process work perfectly. Bug if the FTP server owner save the file in the ftp
> directory (so it is still open in Excel), when trying to download the file,
> an exception is thrown:
>

> Just closing the file will resolve the problem.
>
> Is there a solution to make it waiting to the file to be closed before
> attempting to consume it?
>

> --

Claus Ibsen
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.