camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: netty thread pool clarification
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:45:53 GMT
Hi

Well using sleep in performance testing is really not a good idea.
Unless you expect to have heavy CPU business logic running.
If your use-case is more about integrating systems, then the
bottlenecks is often at remote endpoints, waiting for reply messages
et all.

I suggest to construct testing scenarios that resemble your use-cases,
and not use thread sleep.
A thread sleep is a blocking thread which is bad design.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM, kiranreddykasa <kirankumarrk@fss.co.in> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Can anyone suggest how to improve performance of netty without using
> additional thread pool.
>
> As mentioned here that we should not use additional threads
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/camel-Activemq-performance-suggestions-td5734508.html
>
> Consider this simple route
> from("netty:tcp://localhost:7004?textline=true")
> .bean(SleepProcessor.class);
>
> In sleep processor there is single line Thread.sleep(100) , there is no
> other logic.
>
> If we do load test with this route we are able to get 160 tps .
>
> And if we add .threads(800,800) then we get  ~700 tps.
> If we should not use threads option what will be the other alternative?
>
> We tried to load balance by starting the same route with different ports but
> still no effect.
>
> Thanks
>

> -----
> Regards