camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Kryo Data format
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 08:01:27 GMT

This seems cool. Sure like faster serialization libraries than what we
have in the JDK.
And its pure Java based, where as eg google protobuf is a bit more
complicated to use.

Keep on hacking on it. And as you may know we love contributions

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Cristiano Costantini
<> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I was playing with the Kryo ( serialization
> library, comparing it to Java default serialization and
> Marshalling/Unmarshalling with JaxB.
> Taking aside Java Serialization, which would require me to implement
> Serializable and I can't,
> I like the fact that Kryo:
> - has serialized my JaxB Annotated classes 5 time faster than JaxB
> Marshalling
> - it has proved to be compatible using only the default "FieldSerializer",
> which don't require to implement Serializable on the classes.
> I wonder if anyone has experience with Camel and Kryo and if anyone has
> ever thought of a camel-kryo dataformat.
> I now use JaxB to put classes in ActiveMQ, I'm worried with performances, I
> think such data format would be able to provide a faster alternative non
> intrusive alternative.
> Here the result of my comparison of Kryo vs JaxB (only
> marshalling/serialization, dataset of 1000 random generated classes which
> in XML are each one 480 nodes in average, with about 1,2 attributes per
> node).
> Testing JaxB Marshalling
> Total Time: 1.186 seconds
> Total Size: 37689851 (string length)
> Testing Serialization with Kryo
> Total Time: 0.216 seconds
> Total Size: 3674796 (bytes)
> Checking Serialization with Kryo
> Checked 1000 classes, 1000 instances, 1000 marshalled strings
> (in this last test I've verified the classes serialized/deserialized with
> Kryo comparing them as marshalled XML string with .equals() )

Claus Ibsen
----------------- The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat