camel-users mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Quartz component a scheduled polling component?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 05:32:12 GMT
Hi,

Quartz Camel component is not a polling component but a component able to
schedule 'using cron strategy of Quartz' delivery of messages.
As a jms/activemq client/camel component listens on a queue and is created
by default when placed in the from() of a camel route, the only way to
achieve your goal is to start/stop a camel route reading messages from a
queue according to a policy or perhaps using a scheduled route policy (
http://camel.apache.org/cronscheduledroutepolicy.html)

Regards,