camel-users mailing list archives

From Conneen Michael <mconn...@infointegrators.com>
Subject Re: mybatis, velocity and html response
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 23:51:51 GMT
Christoph (et all)

Thanks much..   OK.. I did get further.. I had a few errors..

1.  My SQLMapConfig.xml file was not there.. as when I use POJOs I usually name it differently
and then use code to look it up.  I did see the reference to "If the file is located in another
location, you will need to configure the configurationUri option on the MyBatisComponent component."
on the http://camel.apache.org/mybatis.html .. so for now.. I simply named it back..

2.  My velocity template was not properly referencing the returned collection.  Fixed that
and poof...

So.. my route  of ..
                from("direct:start")   // start from camel itself .. no input queue
                .to("mybatis:selectMyList?statementType=SelectList")    // select list of
bulletin board messages.
                .log("Tapped message body is ${body}")
                .to("velocity:myVelocityTemplate.vm")    // run velocity against input message
                .to("file://target/subfolder")    // write the output of the velocity to a
file.
                .to("mock:result");

now works as desired..   Last hurdle .. get this into the servlet output stream..   My travels
thus far have taught me a bit more as to how to read and interpret
http://camel.apache.org/servlet.html

I am inching closer to my "ah ha" moment..

Kind Regards,

Michael L. Conneen
Information Integrators, Inc.
http://www.infointegrators.com
PGP Key: http://mconneen.infointegrators.net/mconneen.asc

On Jun 3, 2013, at 13:17 , Christoph Emmersberger wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> any luck with taking a look at the producer template.
>
> As far as I can observe your routes, everything looks OK, except that it is still only
partial and not bound together.

> You can always execute myBatis from a Processor within your route, I mean trigger your
existing code base from a Processor that does the job. This might ease your ramp up with the
myBatis component config an eventually provide you a bit more freedom. Nevertheless you won't
utilize the entire Camel feature set.

"Using onConsume" in http://camel.apache.org/mybatis.html

> Kind regards,
>
> - Christoph
>
> On Jun 3, 2013, at 2:09 PM, Conneen Michael wrote:
>
>> Christoph (et all),
>>
>> Thanks for the reply... I apologize for not being clear.. I know that is important
for effective use of everyones time.   Here is the use case..
>> User http posts a form to servlet (camel servlet....
>> 	I have this working via the camel tomcat example as starting point.. )
>>
>> Servlet validates post, parses parameters, executes query, passes query results to
velocity to generate html, returns response

>> It is the later that I broke down into junit tests to ensure I understand the syntax
and that each step works.. So.. what I have is..

>> execute query ..
>> 	I have this working via a junit that basically has a route of .
>> 		from("direct:start") .to("mybatis:selectMyList?statementType=SelectList") .log("Tapped
message body is ${body}") .to("mock:result");

>> 	and then after the template.sendBody() .. the junit does a
>> 	List<Account> list = mock.getReceivedExchanges().get(0).getIn().getBody(List.class);

>> 	and iterates over the returned collection .. so I know myBatis is working as designed.

>> generate html from list..
>> 	I kind of have this working in a junit.. though I currently do not execute myBatis
via a route.. I execute it as I always have..

>> 	I execute this .. (mainly because I am struggling to link the routes.. )
>> 	myList = mySqlSession.selectList("selectMyList");  // pojo style myBaits.
>>       template.requestBody("direct:start", myList);
>>
>> 	my route looks like..
>>       from("direct:start")   // start from camel itself .. no input queue
>>       .to("velocity:myVelocityTemplate.vm")    // run velocity against input message
>>       .to("file://target/subfolder")    // write the output of the velocity to a
file.
>>       ;
>>
>> where I am trying to get to is something like this..
>>
>> 	route looks like...
>>       from("direct:start")   // start from camel itself .. no input queue
>> 	.to("mybatis:selectMyList?statementType=SelectList")
>> 	.log("Tapped message body is ${body}")
>>       .to("velocity:myVelocityTemplate.vm")    // run velocity against input message
>>       .to("file://target/subfolder")    // write the output of the velocity to a
file.
>>       ;
>>
>> and eventually ..  burry all that into a config.. using the example tomcat servlet
as my starting point..

>> So..finally.. to provide response to your questions..
>>> A: Are you executing this example as unit test? If so, why don't you apply the
ProducerTemplate and simply pass the list when executing the sendBody() operation?
>> 	I tried following the Camel In Action book's logic of an anonymous inner class "new
Processor()..", but that seems to have moved to an interface now.  I will look into the ProducerTemplate...

>>> B: We'll, ... you probably need to send it somewhere via the to() statement,
e.g. to the jetty component or any other
>> 	I need to send to the servlet output stream as the use case is post form.. return
formatted response..
>> 	I was just going to tackle this problem in a plain old servlet, but thought I would
use this as an opportunity to learn camel's EIP capabilities. ;)

>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Michael L. Conneen
>> Information Integrators, Inc.
>> http://www.infointegrators.com
>> PGP Key: http://mconneen.infointegrators.net/mconneen.asc
>>

>> On Jun 3, 2013, at 02:55 , Christoph Emmersberger wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> let me try to ask some questions:
>>>
>>> A: Are you executing this example as unit test? If so, why don't you apply the
ProducerTemplate and simply pass the list when executing the sendBody() operation?
>>> B: We'll, ... you probably need to send it somewhere via the to() statement,
e.g. to the jetty component or any other.

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> - Christoph

seem to get there..   I am a newbie so I purchased and downloaded the Camel In Action ebook...
Great overview and has gotten me this far.. I do have "some" of the individual pieces working..
I just cannot figure out how to build the route correctly.

but have yet to find what I am looking for...

I think a direct junit test of the mybatis route..

to velocity ?  I know the raw syntax is