camel-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Emmersberger <>
Subject Re: mybatis, velocity and html response
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 07:55:50 GMT
Hi Michael,

let me try to ask some questions:

A: Are you executing this example as unit test? If so, why don't you apply the ProducerTemplate
and simply pass the list when executing the sendBody() operation?
B: We'll, ... you probably need to send it somewhere via the to() statement, e.g. to the jetty
component or any other.

- Christoph

On Jun 2, 2013, at 11:01 PM, Conneen Michael wrote:

> Folks,
> I  suspect I am a stones throw away from the "ah ha" moment.. but I cannot seem to get
there..   I am a newbie so I purchased and downloaded the Camel In Action ebook... Great overview
and has gotten me this far.. I do have "some" of the individual pieces working.. I just cannot
figure out how to build the route correctly.
> I have searched the camel user forum for "mybatis selectlist velocity" ... but have yet
to find what I am looking for...
> Here is what I want to do..
> 1.  Run camel using a servlet endpoint as the starting point.
> 	From the tomcat example, got this working and mostly understand the spring configuration...

> 2.  Parse off a parameter and pass into a myBatis select list. ..
> 	I have worked with myBatis a lot from POJOs... so I have both POJOs.. and I think a
direct junit test of the mybatis route..
> 3.  Route the query results to velocity to produce an html table. ...
> 	I have junit working where I pass a list via  template.requestBody("direct:in", list);
> 4.  Return the results of the velocity template as the html response
> 	Have not tackled this yet.   Trying to get routes 2 and 3 above first..
> Things I cannot figure out..
> A.   via "to" routing syntax, how do I provide the appropriate list collection to velocity
?  I know the raw syntax is
> 		List<?> list = mock.getReceivedExchanges().get(0).getIn().getBody(List.class);
> 		but velocity is expecting the collection as part of the body..
> B.  how do I pull the velocity results out and concatenate with my desired html output
> Any pointers to my "ah ha" moment much appreciated..

View raw message