camel-users mailing list archives

From "Erker, Carsten" <>
Subject Problem with Camel FTP component because of bug in commons-net
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:23:47 GMT

I just stumbled upon a bug in Apache Commons Net 3.2 / FTPClient. The bug is known and fixed
in Commons Net 3.3:

The problem was with the FTP producer, when after putting a file to the server, I got a 5xx
error as Camel tries to change back to the current working dir (see FtpOperations.storeFile()).

This happened due to incorrect parsing of the reply from a PWD in FTPClient.__parsePathname()
when getting the current working dir.

For a first work-around I excluded the commons-net:3.2 dependency of camel-ftp in my Maven
setup and added a dependency to commons-net:3.3.

Since this is quite a fundamental bug, it would be great if Camel-FTP would be upgraded to
use the current version of commons-net with the next Camel release.

View raw message