camel-users mailing list archives

From thorbcn <sea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ConsumerTemplate issue
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:16:14 GMT
Thanks Claus for the response!

It would be nice if camel offered a way to perform a single fetch over its
components infraestructure. I have faced scenarios where file attachments
are so big to embed into the main incoming message. The common solution is
the use of references of these files as paths on a well known ftp server.
So, when I process the message I must resolve this reference on demand...
using a polling consumer with timeout is not a good solution in this case
because if it returns null I can't know if it was caused by timeout or
simply the file does not exists (a logic error)...