camel-users mailing list archives

From ndjensen <ndjen...@gmail.com>
Subject camel-jetty dependency on httpclient 3?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:50:14 GMT
Hi, our project is on camel 2.11.0, and we're using the jetty component
extensively.  I've found that it seems to have a dependency on apache
httpclient 3.x, because camel-jetty depends on camel-http and camel-http has
a RequestEntityConverter that imports a few classes from
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods which is the httpclient 3.x package
structure.  If I don't include the httpclient 3.x jar, we get the following
exception at application startup:

WARN  2013-06-13 14:18:35,513 [threadName] AnnotationTypeConverterLoader:
Ignoring converter type:
org.apache.camel.component.http.RequestEntityConverter as a dependent class
could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/RequestEntity
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/RequestEntity
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2436)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1793)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader.loadConverterMethods(AnnotationTypeConverterLoader.java:260)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader.load(AnnotationTypeConverterLoader.java:128)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.converter.BaseTypeConverterRegistry.loadTypeConverters(BaseTypeConverterRegistry.java:511)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.converter.DefaultTypeConverter.doStart(DefaultTypeConverter.java:42)
        at
org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startService(DefaultCamelContext.java:1803)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doAddService(DefaultCamelContext.java:959)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.addService(DefaultCamelContext.java:920)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.getTypeConverter(DefaultCamelContext.java:1089)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.getTypeConverterRegistry(DefaultCamelContext.java:1106)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.forceLazyInitialization(DefaultCamelContext.java:2154)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStartCamel(DefaultCamelContext.java:1573)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:1478)
        at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.doStart(SpringCamelContext.java:179)
        at
org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.start(DefaultCamelContext.java:1446)
        at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.maybeStart(SpringCamelContext.java:228)
        at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.onApplicationEvent(SpringCamelContext.java:118)
        at
org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean.onApplicationEvent(CamelContextFactoryBean.java:287)
        at
org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:97)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:327)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishRefresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:941)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:475)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)

Is there a way to disable the type converter to remove this dependency and
error?  Or will that break the jetty component?  I was hoping to only have
one version of httpclient exist in our application.