camel-users mailing list archives

From icemanltd <iceman...@hotmail.com>
Subject Is Quartz component a scheduled polling component?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:41:20 GMT
Maybe I am misreading the polling consumer documentation  here
<http://camel.apache.org/polling-consumer.html>  ? It looks like the Quartz
component should be a ScheduledPollConsumer and thus support the
pollStrategy attribute but when I try it in my Spring DSL it reports the
pollStrategy as an unsupported property.

My route looks like
<route>
    <from uri="quartz://myTimer?cron=0 * * * * ?
*&amp;pollStrategy=#resourceBasedPoller"/>
    <pollEnrich uri="activemq://queue:NewFilesQueue"/>
</route>

Is the documentation wrong, am I misunderstanding it or am I not using it
properly?

Regardless, I am trying to control messages being picked up off the queue.
My polling strategy would check some system/resource availability and
decline the poll if not ready. Maybe there is a better way to do it?