camel-users mailing list archives

From fvillavi <>
Subject Incompatible types in Object mailBody = template.sendBody()
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:33:59 GMT
I am trying to run Apache Camel Tutorial Example Report incident Part 2.
Here are the instructions:

mvn test

And the result:

[INFO] Total time: 4.690s
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jun 10 12:12:58 ECT 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 14M/83M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0:compile (default-compile)
on project camel-example-reportincident: Compilation failure: Compilation
error: incompatible types

The segment of java code:

 public OutputReportIncident reportIncident(InputReportIncident parameters)
        // transform the request into a mail body
        Object mailBody = template.sendBody("velocity:MailBody.vm",

Browsing the documentation, sendBody (....) is defined as void so it can't
return an object.

Software I am using:
Fedora 17
jdk 1.7
Apache Camel 2.11.0
Apache cxf 2.7.5
Apache maven 3.0.5
Spring 94.11

I don't know how to solve this problem, can some body help me?