camel-users mailing list archives

From Babak Vahdat <>
Subject Re: Difference between method attribute 'bean' and 'ref'
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 14:50:04 GMT

Am 28.05.13 15:57 schrieb "AlanFoster" unter <>:

>I wonder if there a way to provide any sort of deprecated metadata within
>the generated Camel xsd? For instance this metadata would be great for
>tooling, as I would really like to highlight elements/attributes as being
>deprecated within camel routes when inside an IDE; Having this information
>in the XSD would really help with that.
>Is this possible to do within an XSD?

We make use of JAXB Schema generator through the Ant <schemagen> Task
( inside Maven (see camel-spring POM for
details). AFAIK the possibility you're asking for has not (yet) got into
the JAXB world. As an example see:

That said please note that the vice versa is already possible today,
that's arbitrary annotations being generated into the Java source from
Schema using JAXB XJC. For example I used this one for one of my client

See how nicely & fine-grained we can customize the generated source for
the "foobar" property.

>Sent from the Camel - Users mailing list archive at

View raw message