camel-users mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <>
Subject Re: Asynchronous routing with jms hangs in midstream
Date Sun, 19 May 2013 11:15:46 GMT
Given there's no stack trace and that there's an apparent freeze. Could you
take a thread dump of the JVM for us to analyse?

Are you sure the DB is not dead locking?

Can you add a log endpoint statement to your exception handler, with
showAll and showStackTraces=true?

Also enable the stopOnException option in the split.

Finally, enable the TRACE logging level for Camel and check what's going on
with exceptions, especially with a possible FatalFallbackErrorHandler

I'm trying to send a message asynchronously between two camel routes each in
a different bundle configured with blueprint.xml in Apache Karaf 2.3.1. I'm
using Camel 2.11.0 and activemq-camel 5.8.0 feature installed. Once in a
while the message goes through and is processed without incident. Most of
the time, the exact same message hangs in mid-route, with no log output or
errors to view so I can debug. Each time I have to delete the message queue
in the activemqweb console to resend the message.

I'm new to activemq and jms so I'm hoping someone can point out what I might
be doing wrong.

I've configured activemq in each blueprint file as follows:

Here is my route:

I'm just parsing a csv file with a number of rows and the import processor
converts the data to a JPA entity and persists it.  I'm using Aries JPA with
transaction required, but I don't see that as a cause because the same data
gets saved on one pass and on the next, maybe all but two will get saved and
the queue will hang and the message won't even reach the processComplete

If I had an error log to include with this message, I would do so. But I
don't ever get one, even though my methods throw the ubiquitous
java.lang.Exception, which I handle in my Camel context with an onException