camel-users mailing list archives

From Sven Richter <>
Subject Re: Which components to use for xml -> rss -> mongodb workflow
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 19:59:09 GMT
Hi Christoph,

thank you for your answer. Looking at the documentation i only see
examples for pojos. Does that mean i have to use pojos as data objects
and cannot just use a convert function from a bean to remove the
unneeded xml elements?

If you had a short example i would really appreciate this.

Best Regards,

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Christoph Emmersberger
<> wrote:
> Hi Sven,
> one option would be implementing a TypeConverter that takes the original message and
transforms it into the output format.
> Maybe this link might help you to resolve your transformation:
> I've done similar things in the past by using some XPath queries that mapped onto the
output format.
> Hope that helps,
> - Christoph
> On May 24, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Sven Richter wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>> i have a general question about camel usage.
>> I want to read an xml source, filter out a few tags, convert that to
>> rss and put it into mongodb.
>> What works is the reading of xml and storing rss into mongodb.
>> Now what i cannot get a clue of is how i convert that xml to rss AND
>> filter out a few xml tags.
>> I have found the camel-xmljson lib, but it looks like it only converts
>> the whole xml w/o the possibility to filter.
>> How can i filter the xml? Do i have to convert it to a pojo and do it
>> with plain code? Or is there a camel library available to do that?
>> Best Regards,
>> Sven

View raw message