camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why doesn't the stub component throw exceptions in tests
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 12:43:00 GMT
Hi

Study the EIPs and components again. And the difference between a direct
component vs a stub/seda (eg sync vs async) and the InOnly vs InOut.

And the send vs request methods on the producer template.

They all have an influence on what happens.

Also for testing purpose you may wanna take a look at
http://camel.apache.org/testing

For example about the notify builder

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM, dancerjohn <winddancerjohn@gmail.com>wrote:

> I disagree... the javadoc for ProducerTemplate.sendBody() states "Notice:
> that if the processing of the exchange failed with an Exception it is
> thrown
> from this method as a CamelExecutionException with the caused exception
> wrapped.". So if an exception is thrown during processing sendBody should
> throw a CamelExecutionException.
>
> The point I am making is that when the channel is a direct channel this
> DOES
> happen. However, everything else being the same if the channel is a stub
> this DOES NOT happen. Therefore there is a difference in the components
> between direct and stub in this regard. This seems surprising.
>

> --

Claus Ibsen
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.