camel-users mailing list archives

From RTernier <ryan_tern...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: SSL : Server Certs and Client certificate passthrough
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 17:08:50 GMT
There might be some lingo confusion - I've been a .NET guy for 13 years who
was thrown into a Java/Apache world where I have 0 experience.

When a client accesses our web services, they are accessed over TCP port 443
- where SSL is required.

The servers have their own SSL (x509) certificate for encryption, however
they also force client certificates - not for encryption but for
authentication.

For example:

If I see that a person is sending in a message with the following
certificate "XXXX_HD1", I will want to pull up a certificate from the store
that corresponds to that certificate and pass that along when I forward the
message to another web service.   I also might want to use a different
certificate if I need to forward it to another service.

This is the current architecture for this government agency, and it's not
going to change.