camel-users mailing list archives

From boday <ben.o...@initekconsulting.com>
Subject Re: How do I determine which endpoint validation exception came from?
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 04:14:32 GMT
you generally can isolate individual exceptions by either throwing/catching
more explicit exceptions or by using granular doTry/doCatch clauses within
routes...

another option is to use the Exchange property
Exchange.TO_ENDPOINT/FAILURE_ENDPOINT to indicate the last endpoint that was
tried before the exception was thrown...

toomanyedwards wrote
> Hi all,
>   I'm relatively new to camel.  I have a route where I need to do
> validation twice (once on the initial input and the then after
> processing).  I have a SchemaValidationException handler defined which
> catches validation errors.  My question is what is the best practice to
> determine which end point (that is which of my validation steps) actually
> caused the validation exception? I want to handle it differently if there
> were errors on the initial input to my route vs a schema validation after
> processing.
>
> -edward

-----
Ben O'Day