camel-users mailing list archives

From nikagra <nika...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about Camel end() and endChoice() expressions
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 12:28:14 GMT
Hello

I have question about end() and endChoice() expressions. Here is how my
route looks like:
Some XML-->split-->continue processing

XML structure is like:
Kremlin</address></person>

Here is part of my route:
.split(xpath("/person/*"))
	.convertBodyTo(String.class)
	.choice()
		.when(xpath("/address"))
			.setBody(xpath("/person/adderss/text()"))
			.to("direct:processAddress")
		.when(xpath("/name"))
			.setBody(xpath("/person/name/text()"))
			.to("direct:process")
.end()

During XML processing I want to process parts of XML (i.e. write them to
file) and then process initial XML as a whole. I've found that depending of
what I put to line marked with asterisk message will contain either one of
splitted parts (name or address if endChoice() is put in this line) or whole
message (in case of end()).
I failed to find some exhaustive documentation on when I should use end() or
endChoice() expressions

Could you please explain such behavior?