camel-users mailing list archives

From mdo <manfred.doh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What the main Difference between Stoppping the Route and Suspending the Route
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 07:55:45 GMT
Dayakar wrote
> Can you please explain the exact when we need to use stopRoute(id) and
> suspendRoute(id) with an examples

Have a look at this thread:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/2-11-File2-Quartz-threads-leaking-td5731922.html

Obviously there are some pitfalls and I think in essence you should only
stop a route when you do not want to re-start it without removing the route
from the context. Note that endpoints may have a different behaviour on
suspend or stop, e.g. SFTP keeps the connection open when suspended. Suspend
is your friend if you want to pause the processing of new messages
temporarily.

Regards, mdo.