camel-users mailing list archives

From "Erker, Carsten" <Carsten.Er...@akquinet.de>
Subject How to dynamically configure directory on file consumer
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:22:13 GMT
Hi,

we got a route starting with a File consumer (from("file://input"...) and a requirement to
have the input directory configurable, i.e. in our application there is some admin functionality
to change the directory which the file consumer is polling. This is stored in the database.
I guess this is a fairly common use case, though I couldn't really find much in the docs /
the Camel book, etc.

>From what I found I think I have to stop the route, do some magic and start it again.
For the magic I tried setting properties on the FileEndpoint, FileConsumer, RouteContext,
etc. After restart it always polls the original directory.

How is the proposed way to do this?

Thanks in advance
Carsten