camel-users mailing list archives

From Guillermo <glamm...@tecsisa.com>
Subject Best strategy for skipping lines in CSV files with bindy
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:02:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the library Bindy for parsing files and I recently found a
problem. Let me explain:

I read in the camel docs that I can skip the first line of the CSV, but what
is the correct way to skip more than one line? Three lines at the beginning
of the file in my case and two at the end of the file. The file looks like
this:

unimportant info;unimportant info;unimportant info
unimportant info
unimportant info;unimportant info
relevant info;relevant info;relevant info;relevant info
[...]
relevant info;relevant info;relevant info;relevant info
;;unimportant info;unimportant info;;;unimportant info;unimportant
info;unimportant info;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Where "relevant info" has the same format for all rows and is the data that
I need to parse with my csv record definition.

Is there any way to skip the lines automatically? What is the best strategy
to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Guillermo.

Additional info: