camel-users mailing list archives

From fbarbat <fbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Log sent messages
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 22:20:02 GMT
In a Request-Reply context, I want to log an outgoing message after it is
sent. I could do something like:

from("direct:start").to("netty:tcp:...).to("log:logSent?showAll=true&multiline=true")

But I would be logging the response. On the other hand, if the route is like
this:

from("direct:start").to("log:logSent?showAll=true&multiline=true").to("netty:tcp:...")

It would be logging the message before it is sent and maybe the message was
not sent because of network problems. Is there an elegant way to solve this
in Camel?

Thanks.