camel-users mailing list archives

From AbhishekSamuel <>
Subject File and FTP Components
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:31:02 GMT

I am using the  FTP component with all the options such as preMove,
frequency, regular expression include for polling directories. However, my
requirement is not to actually read the file into memory or copy it to
another location, but just to generate an event and send a JMS.

I believe there is an option download=false which would solve this problem,
however it is part of 2.11 version which is not release yet. Is there any
work around for this ?

I have tried using filters, but that doesn't fulfil the requirement, as the
options like done, preMove dont work if the filter returns false. I am
currently using version 2.10.2.

Any advice would be much appreciated.