camel-users mailing list archives

From pmcb55 <mcbenne...@dnb.com>
Subject Re: Why do all Camel components have the same version number?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:00:12 GMT
Yep - I get that Don, and I agree that that is certainly a benefit. I'm just
wondering if it's worth the cost of re-releasing a new version of
'everything' if I only want to make a small (but maybe critical) change to
one small isolated component that no other part of the system depends on...?

Maybe I'm worrying too much about this 'cost' - it seems to work great for
Camel, but I'm just wondering about any other 'costs' associated with this
approach...?  So do you know of any documentation, or articles, or guidance
on general versioning strategy for generic framework code (i.e. code made up
of multiple independent, but somehow related, libraries)?