camel-users mailing list archives

From Ray Slater <ray.slater.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Route failure on startup for SMPP consumer if SMSC down
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:55:39 GMT
Hi , I'm trying to set up a route to process incoming SMS. Everything works
fine if the SMSC is available and accepts the ESME connection on startup,
and it can handle connection failures, etc. However if the initial
connection attempt fails (eg if the SMSC is not accessible) then the route
fails (java.io.IOException: Connection refused) and the camel context shuts
everything down.

The config is something like this:

        <route id="recievesmsroute">
            <from
uri="smpp://rx@smsc:2775?password=pwd&amp;lazySessionCreation=true&amp;initialReconnectDelay=10000&amp;reconnectDelay=10000&amp;enquireLinkTimer=30000&amp;transactionTimer=10000&amp;systemType=consumer"/>
            <to uri="bean:receivesms" />
        </route>

The "lazySessionCreation=true" parameter seems to work if the SMPP
connection is a producer, but not if it is a consumer.

Is there any way around this so I can get the route to retry the initial
connect (without blocking the startup of other routes) just as it does once
established when the connection is lost?

Thanks.