camel-users mailing list archives

From "pshetty.kateel" <pshetty.kat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel xmpp dynamic router is not connecting to openfire.
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:19:04 GMT
I just debugged using source code.
It looks like bug in XmppEndpoint.createConnection method.

If no groupchat room is avalilable, then XmppGroupChatProducer's method
doStart;  chat.join() statement will throw exception.
Upon this exception, ServiceSupport.stop() is trggered. This triggers
XmppGroupChatProducer's doStop() method.  Here it disconnects the connection
and sets null. Till here pretty much clear.  But XmppEndpoint's connection
variable still holds the old connection object and it is in disconnected and
unauthorised state.

For next successive messages, XmppEndpoint.createConnection will return the
old connection object, but it is in disconnected state.   Because of this,
always we will have connection with disconnected and unauthenticated state.
So I feel 'createConnection' not only need to check  for null, but also it
should also check for connected state and authenticated state.

If anyone feels 'XmppEndpoint.createConnection ' is very much correct, then
we need to modify XMPPGroupChatProducer's doStart() or doStop() method.

I still go with XmppEndpoint.createConnection  method changes.

or
Anyother alternative to solve this as I am not fully aware of camel and xmpp
codebase?