camel-users mailing list archives

From "Preben.Asmussen" <>
Subject Re: Camel Splunk component
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:44:05 GMT
Hi Hadrian

Yeah I know some of Apaches licence guidelines and fortunately the Splunk
SDK seems to be Apache licenced see
Damien Dallimore from Splunk has taken a look at the component and to quote
I'm becoming a Camel fan. Haven't used it a great deal beyond simple hello
world stuff though I have to admit.

As powerful as Spring is , sometimes the jungle of declarative xml can
detract from simply being able to look at a few simple lines of code and
know whats going on.

I'll do simple blog , might lure in some collaborators even :)

That's kind of nice to hear - lol

There is also a maven repo for the sdk described at
I havn't taken Splunk for too much of a spin, but it seems promising.
My thoughts is atm. to use it in our integration projects for collecting
audit trails, and then build visualisation dashboards. I havn't come to that
yet though.