camel-users mailing list archives

From vseibt <volker.se...@buenting.de>
Subject Camel and osgi - component not found
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 09:12:25 GMT
I have a Problem using camel with osgi (eclipse virgo server).

I've defined a camel-route with camel-java-dsl like "from("quartz:...") in
my OSGi-Module.

On trying to start the route I get the error "Failed to create route [...]
No component found with scheme: quartz".

All camel and spring modules are in place.

I'm not realy surprised about this error, because in general camel finds its
components doing a classpath-search in
META-INF/service/org/apache/camel/component.
Because this "Packages" is not exported from camel-quartz this component
can't be found from the classloader for my module.

After adding this path including the file quartz from camel-quartz to my
module everything runs pretty well (that's why I'm sure all modules are in
place).

But this can't be the intended way using camel and osgi.

This seems not only to be a problem for camel-quartz but for all camel
components.

How is it done "the right way"?
Or is it a bug in camel osgi-bundling?