camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Smpp stop route recommendations
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:55:35 GMT
Please find my comments inline in your mail.

Best,
Christian

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM, fclose <fred@closebase.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have configured a route listening for incoming sms messages.
> We did a mini load test with 2 messages / seconds.
> this works perfectly but we have a problem when we stop the route, at that
> time we seem to lose messages

What do you mean exactly by loosing messages? The message arrived in your
Camel consumer but not in the producer?
What did you received from this Camel endpoint in this case?

> smsc considers that 2 messages were rejected *before *the unbind.
>

> So, I have 2 questions:
>
> 1/ how would you advise stopping that route ?
> currently what I'm doing is (simply)
>
> camelContext.stopRoute(routeId);

This is correct. The "DefaultShutdownStrategy" (
http://camel.apache.org/graceful-shutdown.html) will shut down your route
gracefully.

> 2/ the route is only receiving sms not sending any
> it is configured with registeredDelivery = 0
>
> which means :  No SMSC delivery receipt requested.

No, in this case this option has no effect. It's used to *REQUEST* the SMSC
to send a receipt for the case your application has sent a short message
and you want to know whether and when the short message was delivered.