camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel-FTP component on cluster
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:23:54 GMT
Hi

This has been debated before about cluster Camel. Maybe you can search
the forum and find some of these talks.

You can use a route policy to control which route is master / slave etc
http://camel.apache.org/routepolicy

And use some different technologies for that such as quartz,
hazelcast, zookeeper, et all.
Or write some custom code etc.

And in Fuse ESB Enterprise there is a Camel master component out of
the box that does this for you.

Though an alternative is to use a shared idempotent repository that
the ftp consumer can use.
That is a bit special as the file/ftp consumer has this functionality
built-in. Not all Camel consumers offers that.
And hence why a general solution with the route policy can be used.