camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get response from activeMQ when a message is put on queue?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 15:05:49 GMT
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM, jrpedersen <jrpedersen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use Camel (mina, jms) where I receive messages on a tcp port,
> using mina, and decode the message before it is put on a activemq queue.
> I want to send a ack on tcp if the message is succesfully added to the queue
> or a nack if not.
>
> use this route:
>
> <route id=receiver1>
>      <from
> uri=mina:tcp//localhost:6000?textline=false&amp;sync=true&amp;codec=#myCodec"
> />
>      <to uri="jms:myQueue">
> </route>
>
> This gives org.apache.camel.ExchangeTimedOutException: The OUT message was
> not received within: 20000 milli...
>
> How should I get jms to send a answer that the mesage is sucessfully qued?

If you want to only send the message on the queue in a fire and forget
fashion (eg InOnly) then read about the event message EIP pattern
http://camel.apache.org/event-message.html

What you current have is request-reply, because you have configured
the mina endpoint to be sync=true.
http://camel.apache.org/request-reply.html