camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Permanent Suspension of Routes
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 06:55:37 GMT
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM, sushil_vsk5 <sushil_vsk5@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello:
> I have been able to successfully suspend and resume routes using the
> relevant JMX operations. However, when the container [app server] is
> restarted, the routes again start up which I do not want. I want that
> whatever routes have been suspended should remain so even after server
> restarts till the time I explicitly resume them again. Is it possible to
> implement this somehow?
> Regards,
> Sushil

I guess setting autoStartup false on camel context.
And use an event listener, and listen when camel has been started.

And then load from a persisten store the data that tells you which
routes to start.
Then start them using the api on CamelContext.

And the even listener allows you to keep track when a route is stopped
also. Then you can update
your persisten store to reflect that change.

A little example about the event notifier is here
http://camel.apache.org/eventnotifier-to-log-details-about-all-sent-exchanges.html

And the even objects we have is in this package
http://camel.apache.org/maven/current/camel-core/apidocs/org/apache/camel/management/event/package-summary.html