camel-users mailing list archives

From GarethHughes <>
Subject Performance problem uploading to remote FTP using Stream
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:49:22 GMT
Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this performance problem.
We need to move large files around our system and ultimately upload them to
a remote FTP server. I am using the Claim Check EIP to move the files around
the system so immediately prior to performing the FTP upload to the remote
server I extract the file from an Oracle database to the local file system
using the largeFileService bean as shown below:

So as you can see I pass a stream to the next stage of processing which is
to upload to the remote FTP server thus....

I also have streamCache enabled on my Camel context.

Problem is, the FTP transfer takes an inordinately long time. A manual
transfer of the same 33Mb file to the same FTP server takes 2.88 seconds.
Whereas the Camel route(s) above managed to transfer just 4Mb in 15 minutes
before I kill it off.

Am I missing something blindingly obvious here? It feels like a buffering