camel-users mailing list archives

From Scott England-Sullivan <sully6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can (S)JMS be safely used on Java EE?
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 01:26:29 GMT
Hi Harald,

As all have stated here Camel SJMS and/or JMS are not JEE compatible
components in the strictest sense and are definitely not meant to be a drop
in replacement for MDBs.  They are simply JMS API clients for use with a
JMS compatible broker which could be a JEE container or external broker
such as ActiveMQ.  As such neither would be subject to the rules or scope
of a JEE container.

That being said, they are both capable of being deployed in a JEE container
and work quite well.  I have a number of clients that use Camel deployed to
Web Applications.  They have evolved a system of governance that requires
control the process and development of threaded applications that would
fall outside of the containers view.

If you have any other concerns or questions regarding SJMS please let me
know.

Best Regards,
Scott ES

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>wrote:

> You can inject it through @Resource
> Le 8 févr. 2013 22:45, "Harald Wellmann" <hwellmann.de@gmail.com> a écrit
> :
>
> > AFAIK, WorkManager is only meant to be used in resource adapter/JCA
> > connector implementations. It should not be used by application code as
> an
> > Executor substitute.
> >
> >  the best is to get resources from where you need (lookup, BeanProvider
> >> from
> >> deltaspike...) with a correct scope (not requestscoped for instance
> which
> >> has no real sense in such a thread)
> >>

> > That's just why I suspect Camel (S)JMS is not be fully Java EE
> compatible.
> >
> > In an MDB, CDI request scope is active by default, with well-defined
> > behaviour.
> >
> > This won't work in a thread created by Camel or any other application
> > component.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Harald

Scott England-Sullivan
Apache Camel Committer
Principal Consultant / Sr. Architect | Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Web:     fusesource.com <http://www.fusesource.com> |
redhat.com<http://www.redhat.com>
Blog:     sully6768.blogspot.com