camel-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to implement "Last value queue" using Camel?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:00:46 GMT
Hi,

FYI: I am using ActiveMQ 5.8 with Camel 2.10.3.

Is it possible to implement 'last value queue' type semantics using Camel?
As far as I know ActiveMQ does not natively support 'last value queues'
therefore I am left trying to implement this via Camel.

The particular scenario I am looking to implement is as follows: using
Camel's Delayer EIP messages that match a certain criteria will be delayed
by 24 hours, say, before being delivered. If an update to a message already
held by the Delayer arrives it must over write the previously seen version
of the same message. For example, if ten updates to the same message arrive
during the delay period then only the tenth update is dispatched to the
consumer.

This is essentially the inverse of the IdempotentConsumer EIP which
dispatches the first (as opposed to the last) version of a message an then
filters out subsequent duplicates.

Thanks,
Paul