camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do you use a blueprint property to control a Simple expression?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 12:57:35 GMT
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM, justinblandford
<justinblandford@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a blueprint property such as :-
>
> <cm:property-placeholder>
>                 <cm:default-properties>
>                         <cm:property name="test.property" value="" />
>
> and have a route like :-
>
> <route id="test" >
>                 <from uri="test.."/>
>                 <choice>
>                         <when>
>                                 <simple>{{test.property}} == ''</simple>
>                                  do something..
>                          otherwise do something else
>

> However when I run the route I get the error:-
> org.apache.camel.language.simple.types.SimpleIllegalSyntaxException:
> Unexpected token { at location 0
>
> I've also tried ${test.property} but that doesn't work either.  Does anyone
> have any idea on how to use this blueprint property in the scenario above?
> The test.property may potentially have a value as it can be overriden
> externally and I want some conditional processing based on that.  I'm using
> Camel 2.10.0.

Ah yeah you may need to upgrade Camel. There was an issue in older
releases where the property placeholders in the expressions/predicates
in the routes was not resolved.

A workaround is to use a simple function to refer to the property. eg
the properties function as shown here:
http://camel.apache.org/simple

<simple>${properties:test.property} == ""</simple>