camel-users mailing list archives

From yxzhao <yxz...@stonewain.com>
Subject Re: Always receive String Message even with jmsMessageType set to Bytes
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:22:48 GMT
We can verify that if the MQ message is sent with MQMessage.format =
MQConstants.MQFMT_STRING, then our route will receive text message.
Otherwise, it will receive a byte array. Actually, the sending app uses the
same write bytes method to put the message into the queue. The same message
can be received as bytes when using MQMessage.readFully method.

Also, we need to know the charset that camel/jms uses to convert the bytes
into string to revert the text message back to bytes since we need to get
the original binary values.

Any suggestions?