camel-users mailing list archives

From cgsk <karthik2...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel HTTP component timeout issue
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:15:15 GMT
Hi there,

I am using camel http component for calling external webservice. For timeout
I am setting httpClient.soTimeout=10000 as a query parameter in the service
url. But while testing the graceful degradation, we did dropped the response
packets from the service host as part of our testing and I could see in the
httpclient debug logs it does retries 3 times with a timeout of 20 secs and
it is the standard behaviour of HttpClient library.

So eventually it exceeds my timeout of 10 secs. Why httpclient libraries
default behaviour of retrying is not getting overriden by soTimeout. Is
there a better way to disable retry through camel config. Please advise.

Regards,
CGSK