camel-users mailing list archives

From "" <>
Subject Invoking a camel Route!
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 07:08:06 GMT
Hi everybody,
I am new from Camel and I am evaluating this integration framework to use in
our enterprise solution to collect data from third party system and show
those information in our mobile app.

Basically, I would like to invoke Camel at any time to act as a "broker"
between my server side app and the legacy systems.

I know I need to use CXF, webservices or JMS queues to do that but now I am
struggling with a simple scenario (as I said, I am new on Camel).

What I would like to do is to have a folder (in the filesystem) wich has a
XML file that express one payment detail and I would like to convert the
payment detail to a Java Pojo. I can understand the consumer and producer
concept but I am not figuring out how to invoke a route (
"onService");*) when I need.

In my app I need to invoke a route several times to retrieve the fake data
provided by the XML (Camel will bind the XML information into a Java Object
and return to me the Java Object in my bean/method endpoint). The problem is
how to invoke the route when I need.

Is there a way to kick off a route on demand ?

Best Regards,
Julio Helden.