camel-users mailing list archives

From pvenini <>
Subject Quickfix component as initiator - How do I insert user and password to logon
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:58:47 GMT
Hi, Im trying to create a system that converts http messages to Fix messages
to send to an Exchange (my systems acts as the initiator). What I cannot
figure is how I can insert user and password  fields to FIX's Logon message
(or for that matter, how can I start the FIX connection on demand). I tried
to do something like this inside my RouteBuilder (FixLoginRequestProcessor
creates a FIX Logon message with the apropiate credentials):

process(new FixLoginRequestProcessor()).

But whenever I start the route the FIX engine kicks in automatically and
sets up the connection without even going throug the processor (and without
sending the user credentials).
Is there a way to intercept the automatic Logon message or create the route
without starting FIX engine?