camel-users mailing list archives

From Ramiro <ramiro...@gmail.com>
Subject unmarshall csv problem with bindy
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 03:14:06 GMT
Im working with Karaf 2.2.10 and Camel 2.10.1. I receive a file, parse the
csv to a pojo, and do some other suff. My problem is that if a field in a
record on the csv ends with a coma like the third field here:

someFieldValue,someOtherFieldValue,"aaaa ,",moreStuff

It puts together aaaa , with moreStuff in a single field(ignoring the
second quote). But if i add something like:

someFieldValue,someOtherFieldValue,"aaaa , bbb",moreStuff

It gets processed without a problem(aaaa , bbb in a field, moreStuff in
another). Seems like Camel is interpreting the ," pair like something to
escape.

Im using comma as the separator, and i've tried with other separators and
setting the quote attribute of the @CsvRecord to single and double quotes.

Is this expected behaviour, or some known bug? Any workarounds?