camel-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wolf <cwolf.a...@gmail.com>
Subject How to do conditional entity persistence in JPA Consumer
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:11:57 GMT
I recently changed a schema to be more normalized by factoring out a
column of type varchar2 that takes one of only a few dozen, but long
values,
so I created a lookup table for these strings and replaced the
sting-valued column in the main entity with a foreign-key valued
column, referencing
the lookup table.

So now when I persist the main entity, I need to perform a lookup in
the string lookup table and only create a new lookup entity if there's
no entry, otherwise
set the main entity's lookup ref to the PK of the found, matched
string.  How can I do this in the jpa producer without introducing
EntityManager/Query code
in the entity or some pre-processing bean?

Thanks,

Chris