camel-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wolf <cwolf.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JPA Component Behavior
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:39:31 GMT
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Gershaw, Geoffrey
<geoffrey.gershaw@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Hello once more,
>

> So I read in the documentation that the jpa component polls the db.
> Kinda a poor man's queue. I had hoped that this behavior would be
> configurable. I don't want to poll. I just want to retrieve the entities
> 1 time. I would think the jpa component could do this.
>

> It doesn't appear so. Am I correct?
>

> I guess I shall create a custom bean to do the retrieval?
>

> Thanks

I will definitely need this as well.  I looked into it a little bit
and I understand one possible approach
would be to implement a custom polling strategy that performs the
query once, then stops.

I skimmed through my copy of "Camel In Action" (great book, BTW), but
didn't find anything about this.

I then read this page:

http://camel.apache.org/polling-consumer.html

There, it talks about an interface named
"org.apache.camel.PollingConsumerPollStrategy",
with methods begin, commit and rollback.   Unfortunately, I don't see
any such interface in the
camel-core-2.10.0.jar.  I can only find,
"org.apache.camel.PollingConsumerPollingStrategy"
with methods onInit, beforePoll and afterPoll.

I then looked at the source for DefaultPollingConsumerPollStrategy,
and noticed that the
interface with begin/commit/rollback is actually in different package:

org.apache.camel.spi.PollingConsumerPollStrategy;

...and I'm wondering if it's appropriate for end-developers to create
concrete implementations of spi
interfaces?

Thanks,

   -Chris