camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persisting route details..
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 10:23:01 GMT
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Vishal Changrani
<vishal.changrani@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are a couple of use-cases that I want to address -
> 1. Persisting all routes last start-time and end-time somehow so that on the application
server startup routes do not start if they have just recently ran and also to report route
statistics.

You can look at the event notifier API it has events for routes
starting | stopping. etc
Or the JMX management API etc.

> 2.Modifying the routes such that the changes don't take effect untill the current exchange
finishes.

There is JMX API for knowing the number of in-flight exchanges.
Or the API from
http://camel.apache.org/maven/current/camel-core/apidocs/org/apache/camel/spi/InflightRepository.html

The in-flight registry is used by Camel itself when it graceful shutdown etc
http://camel.apache.org/graceful-shutdown.html

> Can anyone share their insights if they have done something similar?
> I have Camel running in Jboss with Oracle at the backend. I was thinking of creating
a table - route_status to persist all this information but was wondering if there is a better
approach.

> Thanks,

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.