camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I tell if Apache Camel Splitter didn't split anything?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:27:46 GMT
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM, wxkevin <kevin.bourne@collabraspace.com> wrote:
> So I ended up using a class variable which is initially set to 0. If there
> are elements to parse then when the splitter is complete it will update the
> class variable through the use of a processor. Then after the splitter logic
> I call another processor to get the number of elements parsed. If still 0
> then I know nothing was parsed.
>
> It would be nice if the splitter provided a function to perform if there are
> no elements parsed. Is there a JIRA site or something similar for Apache
> Camel that I could propose this new functionality?

I guess you have a bit special use case. Even if some option is being
added to the splitter
to send out a empty/dummy message if no data, then you would need to
filter/content based router
to detect this , to deal with that specially.

The JIRA tracker is where you can add tickets for new ideas etc. Link from here
http://camel.apache.org/support