camel-users mailing list archives

From Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com>
Subject Camel Unit Test EndpointInject versus getMockEndpoint
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:32:47 GMT
In creating unit tests for my Camel routes, I've tried to be
consistent with the Camel project's conventions figuring those are the
best practices, or at least the most tested path. I've noticed that
the vast majority of Camel unit tests use the
CamelTestSupport.getMockEndpoint(...) convenience method versus using
@EndpointInject(uri="mock:myMock").

Is this purely personal style or are there some subtle scenarios where
@EndpointInject endpoints within Unit Tests don't work as expected?

I ask to help me write better unit tests, and not start a bracing
style flame war thread... :-)

Thanks,
Scott